No one expects for their child to have a deletion in his genetic makeup,especially a deletion that doctors don't know much about. This is why we have started "Landon's Love," a developing organization/business to raise money for genetic research in order to help doctors better understand chromosome deletions such as Landon’s, comfort parents as they embrace this journey with their child, and ensure that people with genetic differences have the brightest future possible. Our son might be missing part of a chromosome, but he has captured the hearts of all who have met him. There is nothing better than Landon's love!
24 January 2009
not on a roll, but at least i did something...
i cannot say i am on a roll, but i did make and bake some more magnets today. I only made "love" ones and ones with hearts on them in the spirit of Valentine's day i guess. still haven't heard from landon's genetics doctor to see where we can donate the money, but i sent a follow-up email today. I finally had time to talk to the bank and it looks like we have to go in to set up a savings account. i REALLY want to start selling some things, but i want it to look as official as possible...i don't want people to be disappointed or think it's sketchy. Thanks to everyone for your support. I find work and my constant exhaustion interfering with this whole project, but i just haven't been able to find my grove since Winter Break. I have faith it will come and I will feel better about this endeavor soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment