No one expects for their child to have a deletion in his genetic makeup,especially a deletion that doctors don't know much about. This is why we have started "Landon's Love," a developing organization/business to raise money for genetic research in order to help doctors better understand chromosome deletions such as Landon’s, comfort parents as they embrace this journey with their child, and ensure that people with genetic differences have the brightest future possible. Our son might be missing part of a chromosome, but he has captured the hearts of all who have met him. There is nothing better than Landon's love!

28 January 2009

ice day #2--time to make some stuff!

With a second ice day, i had some time to make more magnets and pins. granted, i should have been helping shaun clean out the basement or clean my huge mess out of the "office," or bother to do some school work, but this was far more fun! it is not complete, but i also made a tic-tac-toe game out of the same materials. i thought i could make the x's and o's magnets so that folks could play tic-tac-toe on the fridge! I need to figure out what i am going to use for the board...maybe ribbon. we'll see :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hey...totally need about 6 pins for valentines...and cannot wait to see the games. And as far as quitting...I'm vetoing that notion (I think I am your superior in some way shape or form right??? LOL) Just let me help you more...and you'll have more time to follow this awesome endeavor. Hope you are enjoying your day...and thank you for tagging onto your blog. Love ya!

    BTW...you could check in with Betsy about setting something up at school for valentine's day...she let Rachel sell stuff last year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, these are beautiful and I am very impressed with your efforts. Don't quit teaching...just make your students keep the books for you. It would be hands on math...and perhaps more useful than a few of the SOLs. (Don't tell Tiffany I said so) I hope you are able to get your account set up...keep the faith! Tina

    ReplyDelete