No one expects for their child to have a deletion in his genetic makeup,especially a deletion that doctors don't know much about. This is why we have started "Landon's Love," a developing organization/business to raise money for genetic research in order to help doctors better understand chromosome deletions such as Landon’s, comfort parents as they embrace this journey with their child, and ensure that people with genetic differences have the brightest future possible. Our son might be missing part of a chromosome, but he has captured the hearts of all who have met him. There is nothing better than Landon's love!

25 January 2010

wooden products

I played with mod podge yesterday for the first time...it was a lot of fun.

Between yesterday and today, i have come up with 2 new projects for Landon's Love!

Product 1: Wooden photo and memo holders (inspired from the wooden blocks I made at Christmas time--http://pinkandgreenpolkadots-ninzo.blogspot.com/2009/12/sampling-of-christmas-part-2.html)

I picked these up at target after the holidays...notice the red stickers? you know what that means! good times!



Even though these will not stand alone like the wooden blocks I made during the holidays, I figured I could find some way to make it work. I couldn't have been more pleased to find these at the dollar store...2 for a buck...are you kidding me!


I used a variety of materials when I made these wooden jokers. Take a look.







Here are some "finished" products--I was thinking folks could use them as picture holders or to do lists, etc.






Product 2: Miniature Wooden Sentiments

In the process of cleaning up the mess from the basement flood, I came across several jenga-type games. I figured we didn't need multiples, so I decided I would play and see what I could come up with for Landon's Love!

I used mod podge on these to protect them as well.

I still need to determine the prices for each of these products and get them onto the website. I don't know if it is worth putting the photo/to do list things on there as I have a limited supply due to the clearance labels. I'm thinking the miniature wooden sentiments could be a permanent product.

Any feedback is appreciated. Let me know if you like these, how they could be better, etc.

2 comments:

  1. Hey I hang my clip board that you made me in the bathroom but it is not tolerating the 'moist" air...any chance I can make something similar on the wood so it will hold up better in there...the colors match my bathroom perfectly and I love it in there!

    I love your new ideas!
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete