No one expects for their child to have a deletion in his genetic makeup,especially a deletion that doctors don't know much about. This is why we have started "Landon's Love," a developing organization/business to raise money for genetic research in order to help doctors better understand chromosome deletions such as Landon’s, comfort parents as they embrace this journey with their child, and ensure that people with genetic differences have the brightest future possible. Our son might be missing part of a chromosome, but he has captured the hearts of all who have met him. There is nothing better than Landon's love!

02 March 2009

life gets away from you...

it's already March. i cannot believe it! Even more so, i cannot believe it is a snow day! We have really enjoyed the day.
I attempted to get some stuff done in regards to the Landon's Love project, but i was put on hold. The CPA said we can meet with her about the project when we finalize our taxes...i guess that will make the process of finalizing our taxes more fun knowing that we will also get to talk about Landon's Love!
I did make a couple of magnets today. Not too many but for good reason. Landon has been much better about varying his activities...he'll tolerate some 1-2-3 work (of sorts, since i really don't know exactly how they do it at school), he's been playing games and doing sticker pictures. Moral of the story--i am happy i haven't gotten many magnets done because he's been interested in lots of things! in case you were wondering, he's not so interested in the snow :-)
We'll keep everyone posted on the progress.
I would love to have a "Landon's Love" Party by the end of April...we'll see.

3 comments:

  1. The website is really looking great! I love Landon's Funnies and the "hand" picture is fantastic! Hope all is going well...we miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your "About Landon's Love" message! Landon certainly has captured our hearts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea to create " Landon's Love. " I feel so lucky to have Landon as my nephew! He is a loving and fun child to be with! Thanks for sharing your info, and I look forward to purchasing a magnet soon!

    Love,
    Dana, Leeann and Page

    ReplyDelete